When preparing for vacation most people choose to focus on what to pack, their itinerary and what attractions they want to visit. But what about required and recommended vaccinations? Most people are aware of the need for Yellow Fever vaccines if you’re heading to Africa or South America, but do you know what you might need if you’re headed to Boreno or Mexico?
Travel medicine is a growing niche within healthcare. Meeting with a travel medicine provider allows you and your family to receive tailored immunizations and prescriptions based on current health, medical history, travel plans and past immunizations.
We understand the need for personalized consultations prior to your trip. At IHA Midwest Travel Care we have over 20 years of experience preparing people for their travels. During your appointment you can expect:
- Counseling and written information about the effectiveness and possible side effect of vaccines received
- Advice about consumption of water and food, and ways to avoid traveler’s diarrhea
- Recommended preventative medications and packing a medical kit
- Latest US government health advisories for your travel destination and current listings of US embassies and consulates
- Tips for air travel and jet lag, and how to handle altitude related illnesses
- Assessments for travelers with specific needs (pregnant women, young child, elderly, chronically ill)
- How to locate English speaking physicians
IHA Midwest Travel Care is located in the new IHA Domino’s Farms Medical Center, 4200 Whitehall Drive, Suite 150, Ann Arbor.