Congrats to us! IHA was ranked highest among Metro Detroit physician organizations in Consumer Reports’ May issue. Click to read the article from Detroit News.
New ratings published in the May issue of Consumer Reports magazine give consumers in the greater Detroit area a rare window into how their doctors compare. The ratings focus on how well doctors provide evidence-based care for patients with high cholesterol and diabetes, and how often doctors provide the right screening tests for colon cancer.
Known as The Doctor Project, the effort is funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) and was led in southeast Michigan by the Greater Detroit Area Health Council (GDAHC), a multi-stakeholder collaborative dedicated to improving health and wellbeing in the region.
GDAHC worked with 13 physician organizations—large networks of physicians—to collect and report data on the quality of medical care they provide. This report is first of its kind in Michigan and remains the only report combining data from all major commercial health plans and the performance of more than 3000 primary care physicians.
The Doctor Project is further validation that IHA’s hard work, systems & technology, and focus on meeting the needs of patients with personalized high-quality services is making a substantial difference. To read the full article, please click the Consumer Reports link http://bit.ly/23eqJIT.
US 23 in both directions at 8 Mile Road is now open, 8 Mile Road remains closed over the freeway.
Originally posted 3/10/2016
Please be aware that northbound US 23 at 8 Mile Rd. in Whitmore Lake remains closed following an earlier accident involving a semi-truck. In addition, the bridge over US 23 will remain closed for repairs as well.
We urge you to seek alternate routes and check Mlive for any updates. MDOT does not have an estimate of when the road will reopen.
Please join us in welcoming Lisa A. Hammer, MD, IBCLC, to IHA Breastfeeding Medicine Specialists. Dr. Hammer is a board-certified pediatrician and a lactation consultant. She has experience in pediatrics, lactation and postpartum support, and provides comprehensive breastfeeding consultations, addressing needs of both mothers and babies. She begins welcoming patients on Monday, March 21. Please contact your primary care physician or OB/GYN if you need a referral.
Below is a listing of IHA’s pediatric and family medicine offices that are now scheduling annual check-ups. Beat the summer rush – don’t wait until the last minute to schedule your child’s check-up. Appointments are now available. Click the link below to make an appointment online, or call the office directly. If you schedule online, please select “physical” from the appointment type drop down menu.
Also, as a reminder, if your child is planning on participating in sports during the 2016 – 2017 school year, the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) requires that they receive a sports physical after April 15, 2016.
- IHA Chelsea Pediatrics: book online or call 734.475.9175
- IHA Child Health – Ann Arbor: book online or call 734.971.9344
- IHA Child Health – Plymouth: book online or call 734.455.4600
- IHA Livingston Pediatrics: book online or call 810.494.6820
- IHA Pediatric Healthcare – Arbor Park: book online or call 734.434.3000
- IHA Pediatric Healthcare – Canton: book online or call 734.398.7899
- IHA Primary Pediatrics – Domino’s Farms: book online or call 734.769.3896
- IHA Ann Arbor Family Medicine: book online or call 734.761.2581
- IHA Brighton Family Care: book online or call 810.494.6840
- IHA Canton Family Medicine: book online or call 734.398.7880
- IHA Chelsea Family & Internal Medicine: book online or call 734.475.8677
- IHA Clinton Family Medicine: book online or call 517.456.7449
- IHA Family & Internal Medicine – Howell: book online or call 517.338.9090
- IHA Family Medicine – Arbor Park: book online or call 734.971.1188
- IHA Milan Family & Internal Medicine: book online or call 734.439.2429
- IHA Pinckney Family Medicine: book online or call 734.878.1000
Beginning Friday, March 4 at 9:00 pm, M-14 between Miller Road and Main Street will be shut down for construction. This closure is expected to last through summer and into the fall, which may impact your normal route to one of our office locations. Please allow yourself extra time to make it to your scheduled appointments.
In addition, if you are a patient at IHA Ann Arbor Family Medicine, IHA WestArbor Obstetrics & Gynecology, IHA WestArbor Internal Medicine or IHA Child Health – Ann Arbor, we are also aware that the construction may delay your drive time to your office when our new building, IHA WestArbor Medical Center, opens in late August.
Mdot’s interactive map will give you a closer look and other information about the project. Check it out here.
Do you want to run a 5k while wearing your favorite tutu? Join us for Tutu Run on April 18, 2015 at Hudson Mills Metro Park in Dexter. Registration begins at 7:00 am, with the race beginning at 9:00 am. The race cost $25, proceeds benefit Ballet Chelsea. Visit the website to learn more, or to register today: http://www.tutu-run.com/